Granite is a very strong stone which has earned a reputation as a great building material. To ensure their longevity and beauty it is vitally important to understand the necessity of cleaning granite worktops. It is formed from volcanic magma. It is very beautiful with a broad colour range especially when used as kitchen worktops. The granite worktops in a home make an elegant addition to home décor with each piece looking like a master work of art. It is very durable and resistant to heat. This render it great for making roll-out cookies, kneading dough, and other jobs that require a worktop for best results.
Granite needs constant maintenance aside the normal cleaning of worktops and requires sealing periodically. The stains on Granite can be tough to remove though not impossible. The granite worktops can also crack. Some people have the impression that cleaning granite countertops is difficult, but in reality, it is a simple and easy process.
Granite Worktops gives a lot of value to a home as they are very stylish, scratch resistant and heat resistant plus other qualities. It is very vital that you always ensure you keep your granite countertop clean. Some products you will need for cleaning Granite countertops are Vinegar, Windex, Mrs Meyers Countertop spray, Method Granite and Marble Cleaner and Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. The products you would be using actually depends on if you want a quick clean or a deep clean of your working surface.
Cleaning granite worktops is simple, just follow the below steps:
1. Get a spray bottle, vinegar and warm water. Mix them altogether in the spray bottle, shake the bottle well before using it.
2. Spray the mixture on the surface and let the vinegar stay for about ten minutes before wiping it.
3. Use a damp cloth after the ten minutes to remove the vinegar from the Granite surface.
4. Use a towel to dry the Surface of the countertop, this will help prevent moisture and possible water spots.If you do not like the smell of vinegar, you may consider using Windex, which has some smell, but not as strong as vinegar, so if you prefer Windex, then follow these steps.
5. Hold the Windex bottle about eight inches away from the surface and spray the surface, then use a soft rag to clean it.
6. Wipe down the Granite Worktop, until the surface, starts looking clean and shiny.
Cleaning with Windex may look easier, but sometimes can be harder to get the stains out and may also require cleaning for a long period, but with vinegar, you may not require cleaning for long. You can also use Granite & Marble cleaner or Clorox which are all very easy to use. Then follow the same process as Vinegar and Windex described.
Cleaning Granite worktops will help keep them looking fresh, polished and stain free. It also helps make them naturally last for a long time. Whatever cleaning product you decide to use, always make sure it stays on the surface for a few minutes before cleaning it up. You must not clean your worktop every day, but whenever you see any sign or spot on them should clean it immediately. It is a good idea to clean countertops at least once or twice every week. More frequently if you have children or if the worktops are subject to a lot of use. This frequency will not be required in the case of black granite.
Cheap Granite Black Granite Stone Worktops